Thursday, January 5, 2012

Half Way There!

Thursday 5th January
Sparty 20+4

I had a really great Christmas and New Year break, that was pretty uneventful in terms of things to worry about pregnancy wise (I had one night of quite painful and sharp RLP but that went the next day) I look quite a bit more pregnant - or so people keep saying, and I'm actually enjoying this now, its the most wonderful and strange feeling having Sparty move around inside me, for the last week or so, the movement is much more pronounced, little kicks, rolls and kind of odd movement feelings inside, a bit like when you're in a lift and it drops, I only really feel it when I'm sat down, or strangely when I'm lying on my right side (not as much movement when I'm on my left.. I wonder if that's to do with where it's positioned?)  Tom felt Sparty kick on Christmas Day - which was a really nice for me to see him feel it.  He's felt a few kicks again since and I'm sure it will get more and more easy for him to feel it as the weeks progress.

My ring finger is slightly swollen today, I've had to take my rings off, which I'm quite sad about.  I don't think it's anything to worry about (another question on my list for the midwife) as I've not got any swelling anywhere else.  I imagine its probably slight water retention, or where I've just put on weight!

I'm beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable now at night time, not really enough to use my pregnancy pillow, which, at the moment makes me feel a bit claustrophobic, but enough to need a pillow between my legs and kind of under the bump a bit.  Its nothing huge and manageable at the moment.  I don't' think I'm sleeping as well but that might just be because its the first week back at work and I'm really busy.

I've virtually begun the countdown to Maternity Leave already really - its about 13.5 weeks of work to go (I've got two weeks holiday to take so it's less) Its going to be the strangest thing ever not 'working' I can't imagine it at the moment - that complete change to my life, I do know that its going to be amazing though!

I have my 20 week scan on Monday and I'm really looking forward to it.  Yes, I'm apprehensive and beginning to get a little nervous, but as I know Sparty is in there and alive, its more nerves than sheer terror like it was at 12 weeks.  I will update with pictures asap!

I think that's all to report

Helen and Spartacus xx

No comments:

Post a Comment